You may recall my previous blog post about my letter to some magazine owner who said that Memphis was a miserable city to live in. Well Mr Forbes, as someone I overheard today at the MIM Music festival Press conference he said you could go to that warm place. I recalled that today was the press conference announcing the line up so I texted my fellow iced tea drinker Doctor King and asked if he was attending. Since I have a little free time on my hands I figured I would go check it out and get my mind set right for a great next 90 days.
I have some friends of mine (no I don’t pay them to be my friend) are going on vacation in mid April to celebrate a birthday and they asked if Mrs CBT and I wanted to come with them and I told them that this is the best part of the year to live in 38103. Anyway as we were sitting there listening to the Line_Up I could almost hear the bitching on Twitter about the ‘same ole, same ole’ acts and I am sorry for 65 bucks you get 3 days of music, hilarious people watching, and a chance to wear your mud gear. If you want big name bands then go to Bonnaroo or Jazz fest, I will just walk out my front door to my outdoor music theater called Tom Lee Park and not have to drive home!
Anyway the announcement day is the kick off to the spring as we get to look forward to the following events
- Music Fest line up is announced. Buy your tickets now because once it is May the deal goes away!
- Major League Baseball and the Memphis Red Birds start play in Autozone Park
- Some Jackasses 40th Birthday Celebration this year.
- Patios start to open on Beale Street and the term Sunday-Funday really takes effect
- South Main Wingfest
- Porter Leath Crawfish Festival
- The Wine Race (Hey KLC Man you want to come down for it?)
- Memphis in May Music Fest on the banks of the Mississippi River
- Memphis in May BBQ Festival again on the banks of the Mississippi River
- Memphis in May Sunset Symphony also on the banks of the Mississippi River
- Holy Rosary Italian Festival in East Memphis
See what I mean we got a lot going on in the next 90 days and they really don’t get rocking till the first of April!