So last night I am watching No Reservations episode where they filmed it in Kansas City, MO. I know that I am going to get a certain amount of grief from a certain KC Jayhawk and his lovely wife but WTF Tony and Zamir, no love for the ‘other’ bbq capital of the world? Anyway as I am watching the show and seeing the smoked meat orgasm that unfolded I said to myself “Self, we need a grass roots campaign to get No Reservations to come to Memphis.” Anyway below are some reasons why Memphis should also get some love too. What is it now two times they have been in Missouri (Ozarks episode and now KC)?
10. Yeah we got smoked meats too and also have a little bbq contest in May too.
9. Rather than send Zamir to a Hair museum he could check out Stax Museum, Rock and Soul Museum and Sun Studio recording studio. We gots a little bit of music history here too.
8. We know that Tony does like him some dive bars, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Alex’s Tavern.
7. Want to pull on some heartstrings for your viewers, take a visit over at St Jude and see how great that institution is.
6. Late Night Munchies? Get you a Soul Burger at a former brothel in Historic South Main district.
5. Did I mention we had some great places to eat here? Feel free to get a table at Iris, Felicia Suzanne’s and The Majestic Grill.
4. If you need some bait or ammo you could visit the Bass Pro Shop that is going to open in the Pyramid.
3. Catch some live music on Beale Street.
2. You could make fun of our Peabody Ducks.
And the Number one Reason….
1. Graceland! Think of the jokes you could make after you visit the jungle room, the TV room with the 3 TV’s and how they buried the King in the backyard just like a hampster. Want to double your making fun??? Come during Death Week, sure it will be hotter than balls but it is worth a trip.