Sorry about getting sidetracked, we had the 4 day holiday weekend and getting back into the swing of things can be hard. So when I last left you I was telling my 6 readers about What we do Monday – Friday. Yep we live the cutting edge lifestyle up here on this island I tell you. Sadly the weekend isn’t all “Eyes Wide Shut” parties or big expensive dinners at fancy Michelin 3 star restaurants (well….check back after December 17th) and endless champagne brunches.
Don’t get me wrong, we aren’t sitting on the couch in our flannel PJ’s watching Lifetime movies eating frosting from the can. *Not that there is anything wrong with it mind you* The weekends are more relax, take it easy, get some ish done, spend time with our friends who we don’t see as much as we should, and in Momma’s case get a little studying done. Typically a Saturday goes like this;
- Dry cleaning dropped off, run to a store that carries X that can’t be purchased via Amazon, Jet.com or the interweb.
- Breakfast for me consists of a Salt Bagel with Bacon Cream Cheese (why do you think I take Lipitor) and watch all the dad’s pushing the strollers down the street so that their respective wives can take a break.
- I am sure that I will make a trip to the Cigar Inn at least once during the weekend.
- Errands for the Monkey Heads if needed (wash and cut with our favorite Willie Nelson music loving Russian Groomer)
- Typically we try to go see/do something new in the city.
- If we have a dinner or drinks planned with someone I am sure a nap may be needed. It is after all rude to yawn at the dinner table.
- We make it a point to have either drinks or dinner with our friends to catch up. Like I have said many times before. It is different here in New York as compared to Memphis in that spontaneous get together’s are not as common here.
Sunday’s are typically a repeat of Saturday but with the exception of that we may do a little bit of Sunday Funday at a Dive Bar. This hasn’t been done in a while because we have been busy but there is always this weekend. A lot of this depends on Mrs. Trumpet’s studying and how many naps she got in on Saturday. Yeah I probably am going to get some crap for that comment but she doesn’t read this worthless dribble anyway.
So sorry to disappoint our readers but we kinda live boring lives. Well with the exception that we could visit a different bar each day of the week and never hit a repeat. That doesn’t suck at all.
It really doesn’t look like an island till you are on the water
My dress shirts and suits take a beating up here, I tell you!
I liked Marissa at first because she didn’t charge 300+ for a trim and wash. The Willie Nelson Fan is a bonus I tell you!
There is nothing better than talking about ‘little people’ at the dinner table while eating white truffle risotto right Meg?
I could fill up an entire page of dive bar pics but I will only choose one. This one is one of my favorite joints.
No Katie, I won’t send you any Bagels, bring yo arse up here and get your own.
Have a good day. I am off to stand on line to watch them light up the tree in Rockefeller Plaza tonight. Look for me!