On the back of the door in our apartment we have one of those old school calendars. We use it for scheduling shit and to make sure that we keep the dog alive with our schedules. I took a look at it this morning as I was getting the Black Eyed Peas and Greens on the stove and here is what we had to show for with Trips;
- Geranium was away 151 days in 2019. Mind you 31 of those days were when she was in Switzerland/France. That actually made us both appreciate our time together more and take stock in our relationship which made it stronger.
- We saw Elton John and his Farewell Tour at The Barclays
- Got to experience The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. That was a killer event.
- While Geranium was away Mr. 3 First Names & Lady Lawyer and I went to see Jose Andres at his book signing.
- Got our Southern Redneck on thanks to BK and saw Hank Jr and Skynrd at Forrest Hills.
- Rang in the New Year at the Barclays Center with The Strokes.
- Oh and we had dinner at Per Se too.
- And so that I am not a complete prick I am going to end this list that we also did some horse gambling at Aquaduct Race Track.
Regarding Trips Away, I am kind of embarrassed to divulge this to you dozen readers. I mean this list is somewhat obscene. Mind you we were able to take advantage of Geranium’s international trips and my ability to fly stand by.
- Hung with PNG Mike, Ellie & JD in London and watched 6 Nations Rugby with them.
- Visited Northwest Arkansas for Family Christmas
- Made a trip Upstate with Vivian and Stone
- Made warm weather trips to; Cancun, Belize, Fort Meyers, Gulf Shores, and Dale Hollow Lake.
- Went over to Philly for a BBQ at Pepe’s house.
- Got to experience Barcelona for the First Time. (Got to go back)
- I did 48 hours in Switzerland to see Geranium and imagine that..it was raining!
- Made it to Memphis for Thanksgiving and for a work trip in September.
- Got to eat some low country cooking with the ChoHo’s in Charleston South Carolina.
All in all it was a good year for us for doing the fun shit. Granted I wondered why our bank account has been low but now I know why I haven’t been able to see my feet in months.
It was a good time for trips and shit that we saw in 2019.