Now that I finally got a proper laptop I can continue my ‘Bloggers you should also read” series. This one also is from someone who lives on that little tiny island down in Belize by the name of Badass Auntie. I have known Badass for many years and consider her a friend. Badass and her wife got tired of working their collective arses off in London and moved to Belize. I am fairly sure she doesn’t have balls but if she did, they would probably weigh over 3.5 stones each. Without further adeau, I present Badass Auntie.
1. Name of your blog, hyper link, twitter handle, Facebook page and your Pen Name.
2. How did you come up the name of the blog and or your Penname?
3. Describe your blog/brand in 5 sentences or less.
I’m Badass and I’m an Auntie. I write letters to my niece and nephew to prepare them for life with other humans, most of whom are not badass at all.
4. Did your blog change direction over the course of the life of it? If so can you explain?
Badasses just keep on being badass.
5. Number of times you try to post something in a week?
I try to post something on Facebook daily recognising badassery and calling out fuckwittery.
I try to write to my niece and nephew weekly or, at the very least, every other week. First I need to be inspired, pissed off or amused enough to write. I have other writing gigs, but this one is my favourite and so I like to make sure I’m not just posting some boring old shit because I feel obliged to.
6. Where do you get your material and how hard/easy is it for you?
My material is a combination of my own life experiences, my not so humble opinions and carefully selected research that supports those opinions.
7. What countries are your readers coming from?
The USA is by far the biggest source of most of my readership, which shows that despite the world’s current opinion of the USA (you can thank Trumpy boy for that one), they clearly are a canny and tasteful citizenry, who appreciate badassery at its finest.
8. How often do you encounter readers on the streets/social media and does it still freak you out when they say that they read you?
I frequently have people shout ‘Badass’ at me in the street, but I never know whether or not it’s because they are a reader or because they simply can’t miss the magnificence of my badassery.
9. Got any good “hate mail” comments you want to share with the class?
Nothing that’s been intelligent enough to be worthy of mention. I did have some Mens’ ‘Rights’ Activist trolls for a while, but they got distracted by their lonely little erections.
10. Any particular blog post that you are particularly proud of? Please include the link if you like.
My most recent blog is always my favourite. Currently I’m enjoying ‘Excuse Me Sir. May I See Your Penis?’, which wallows around in the mess one can find in USA toilets right now. Free with that blog is a cut out ‘Penis Patrol’ badge. What other blog offers you one of those? Huh? https://badassauntie.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/excuse-me-sir-may-i-see-your-penis-your-step-by-step-guide-to-becoming-a-pecker-inspector/
11. Who you be?
I be THE Badass Auntie
12. Where you be?
I be in Belize
13. Where did you come from? (please don’t say hospital or parents)
I was born in England.
14. Care to talk about your family or if you have any ankle biters/pot lickers (pets) where you charge your laptop/tablet?
I have a niece and nephew. They are tiny humans. They like to shit, eat, drink, scream and get attention. They get that from me. I have a partner and we have two dogs. They were natural births.
15. Name up to 5 countries/places you visited, loved and recommend to my readers?
Prague, Czech Republic
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
16. What countries/cities you have on your radar for future travel locations?
San Francisco, USA
17. If you had the financial means to do so, where would you like to live and why?
Belize, but I’d live much better.
18. When you aren’t banging on a keyboard what do you like to do for fun?
I like to make my chickens angry.
19. We know that you read carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com (who doesn’t?) but who else do you read/stalk on a daily basis?
It’s always good to have a look at Chaturbate first thing in the morning. But that doesn’t require much reading, just an incredibly immoral voyeuristic streak.
I love reading Dan Savage. I have a hankering to be a more Badass but female version of him.
Going down the vanilla brick road, I’d say I like a bit of local opinionated colour from http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/ and some international island chickery from http://womenwholiveonrocks.com/
20. Could you get me an introduction with that author so that I can send them this questionnaire?
Chaturbate? The best advice I can give you is to use ‘incognito’ mode.
21. What is your favorite food and restaurant (doesn’t have to be in your current location)
Croissants at Cumpanio, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
22. If you are living abroad, what is the one thing that you miss the most?
British humour and the liberal use of the word ‘cunt’.
23. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (please don’t say older)
The proud owner of 14 Chihuahuas.
24. What’s on your bucket list?
Safari in Kenya
25. What is the question do you want to ask Carbunkle Trumpet (I promise to answer honestly)
Did you ever stop and wonder?
I do but then it hurts way too bad. Not like when you go pee but when you eat ice cream way too fast.
Thank you for playing along there Badass! Also make sure you go read her contributions at women who live on rocks.