A while back Vivian asked if we wanted to get some tickets to attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Barclays. *disclaimer – I really didn’t understand the question but considering it was 2 blocks from our studio I agreed.* When we got closer to the event I was kind of luke warm then I was on a subway and did a google of who was being inducted;
- The Cure (never saw them live)
- Def Leppard (saw them in the Mid South Coliseum when I was a child and the drummer had 2 arms)
- Janet Jackson (I vaguely remember the wardrobe malfunction)
- Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac show at BSMF many moons ago)
- Radiohead (saw them at MSG 2 years ago, killer show)
- Roxy Music (they broke up in 2011 so the answer was no)
- The Zombies (Negative)
Holy Crap! I get to see Roxy Music, The Cure, Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks Solo and I don’t have to stand at an overpriced music festival in Palm Springs or New Orleans? Color me up Baby! Let me just say right now that (and I am not sure if it goes back to Cleveland next year) if you are a music fan then you need to do this! Sadly Radiohead and Janet didn’t play the event but HOLY FUCKING SHIT Stevie Nicks had Don Henley do a song with her. Then Harry Stiles (Still don’t know who he is or care) did the Tom Petty Duet with Stevie and it was killer.
The downside to the show is that it is long. But then if you can say that you were in the same room as; Steven VanZant, Trent Reznor, David Byrne, Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles, Brian May of Queen, Simon LeBon and John Taylor from Duran Duran and Harry Stiles it is bonus too. Sadly I didn’t get any great pics of the shows as it is a copyright infringement but here are the approved pics.
Like I said, it was a great night and I can’t wait to see how HBO does this show.