In an effort to save a little money since we are about to go on vacation we have been cooking a little more at home. Also with Geranium being on the road the last thing she really wants is food from a restaurant. For my inspiration on new dishes I have been reading Jose Andres’ book “Vegetables Unleashed”.
I really like the book and the recipes in it because cooking foods that are from a different culture really opens you up to new flavors and tastes. It is no secret that I started cooking from watching the chefs at Chez Philippe when I was a waiter there. “What do you mean that you don’t have heavy whipping cream in your fridge? How the Fuck am I to cook?” Yes I was trained to cook Classic French Cuisine. Thankfully the food shows gave me some balance but with “Vegetables Unleashed” it really puts you on notice.
For the menu we made a couple weeks back included;
- Miso Roasted Asparagus (before this I had no clue what Miso was)
- Microwaved Cacio y Pepe (Parents you need to make this for your kids)
- Sesame Yogurt Corn on the Cob
- Jose Andres’ Famous Beefsteak Tomato Sandwich
- Lots of Wine and a little Tito’s
Apologies to Taco Girl who probably just fried her laptop because she was drooling on her keyboard.