The other Day (I think it was Saturday) LJZ texted me saying that she was bored and thinking of opening a bottle of Rose. I told her that by her texting me at 6:32AM that she needed to go find chores and that she couldn’t start drinking till the Tall Pines Show that evening.
She asked what I was talking about so I sent her an Instagram Link that the husband wife combo called The Tall Pines was putting on another show that evening from their rooftop on the UWS. I also told her about DJ Mickey Perez was going on that evening. I have seen him spin at Robert Bar when we were allowed to go outside. Also booked that Saturday was one of my favorite singers from Losers Lounge, Leslie Goshko was playing her virtual Piano slot live from her apartment.
LJZ was enthralled as to why I know all this worthless stuff. I told her that the majority of those performers were from Losers Lounge shows. I am sure you have seen me post about them from the past. So in an effort to give you some value to this blog I am going to share with you what live virtual shows we enjoy and where you can find them.
- DJ Bobby Smith (Facebook Live) – Good friend of mine who spins it old school from Club Corona. His camera person is his wife T and we love them both. Shows are always on Friday and in an effort not to F this up I encourage you go to his page and he will post the time.
- Leslie Goshko (Facebook Live) – She will play on Sid’s Gold Piano Bar and she is a regular on the Losers Lounge Show. Her co-worker Tater (the cat) has been known to make a cameo. She plays on Saturday and I think Thursdays but go over to the Sid’s Gold Piano and they will push the info to you.
- Heavy Light Show (I heart Radio – WDST – Radio Woodstock) this actually is a live radio show that goes on from 7pm to 10pm eastern. Ida the DJ really plays some good stuff. Give that a look too!
- Joe McGinty (Facebook Live) – He is the owner and founder of Losers Lounge and co-owner of Sid’s Gold Piano Karaoke Bar in the East Village. He plays on Thursday’s from the Sid’s Gold page and it is nice to see him play a freaking baby grand piano!
- Tall Pines (Instagram Live) – Husband wife team that plays from their roof. Connie is a back up dance on Losers Lounge and they put out some great music. Go like them and they can post when they are playing
- DJ Mickey Perez – (Instagram Live) – Cuban Latin American music that is really cool since I have not a lot of exposure of it. Like him on Instagram and he will let you know.
- Jason D. Williams (Facebook Live) – The one and the same Jason D. Williams who got his fame from playing the piano at Mallards in the Peabody Hotel. Like his page and he will let you know when he is playing. A must watch for my fellow New Yorkers.
- Crazy Canucks Beach Bar Hermit Crab Races – (Facebook Live every Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Standard Time) – Put it this way, there are not words that I can describe this. Husband & Wife Team who do virtual Hermit Crab races and they take venmo to give to their staff. Do this and you can see a big man rocking a pair of Pink Crocks!
So what are you watching/following these days?