What can I say, 2017 is a year of firsts for Carbunkle Trumpet. No I am not talking about the new president, that was yesterday. What I am talking about is this jacked up weather. Seriously would the person who called Mother Nature a Crack Whore please apologize? Earlier this year I survived the Nor’easter and let me tell you, that sucked. This week they were calling for ‘a significant snow event’ for New York and Long Island. They were calling for a blizzard or white out conditions in the city and we should seek shelter at times. I am sure that you are reading this in Memphis wondering what the hell that means. So did I until yesterday. Anyway here are some things that I learned yesterday during the Snowpocalypse.
- Forget that heavy wool coat, get that ski jacket out of the closet. Wet heavy snow and wool are not the greatest combination.
- Boots, Boots, Boots – If they aren’t waterproof you might as well wear flip flops.
- Seeing is overrated during a blizzard. I saw a bunch of people wearing ski goggles yesterday and it makes perfect sense. I may look into getting a pair.
- Some dogs love snow, our dogs…..not so much. I don’t blame them. The snow was high that they had belly rubbing.
- If one does not have children then you are instructed to head to the nearest bar. That actually is a law.
Maddy don’t care about snow, she has to poop!
This one however, what a diva!
I knew that Rocky over in Park Slope would be a happy pup today!
Broke out the shit kickers earlier in the week when we had biblical rains.
Made it into the office for a couple hours so I could say that “I made it in” and promptly went to reward myself.
W41st street was not looking good. The sidewalk was fine but the street needed some help.
Wonder why I take Lipitor? This would be the reason.
Are you F’ing kidding me guys? Closed because of the snow? This would be a perfect day but no! Somebody has to be a P word and stay home.
I mean even the Chinese restaurant on 2nd Ave was open for Christsake!
Got to love that someone cross stitched this.
Have a good weekend. We are going to be meeting up with UWS Girl this weekend to go to a silent disco.